Thursday, March 25, 2021

Ellen's FASTer Way to Fat Loss Review: Overcoming Depression

For the last year, I’m no longer spending my money on prescriptions. I’m spending it on whole foods, I’m spending it on new workout equipment.

At the FASTer Way to Fat Loss, we want to see YOU get well, prevent disease and fulfill your purpose with energy. 

We were inspired by Ellen’s FASTer Way story and wanted to share it with all of you. Ellen speaks of her battle with depression and how a lifestyle of whole food nutrition, supportive community and consistency, brought freedom in more ways than one. 

Read Ellen’s story below:

“I have battled depression since my teenage years. By my early 20’s I was put on antidepressants because I simply could not live without them. I was told that it was a chemical imbalance within my body and, though it was tough to admit it to myself, I accepted that I would be on medication for the rest of my living days. 

On February 17, 2020 I began the FASTer Way to Fat Loss new client experience with my Coach, Robin Ince. At the time, my life was great; my two kids were in school two days a week, I was newly interested in cooking, and I was being introduced to ‘whole food nutrition’ by my FASTer Way Coach. The first four weeks of my new client round were awesome as I was excited and enthusiastic about the changes I was implementing. By week four I was learning so much information, taking in so much food and—for whatever reason—forgot to take my medication. From prior experience, I knew that it would only take about three days with no  medication for me to head into a state of depression. But that day never came this time. I was doing fine that week and I LOVED the idea of not relying on medication. But how long could I  sustain that? 

March 15, 2020. The day that the world shut down due to COVID-19. Exactly four weeks into my tenure with FASTer Way (and about 5 days of no medication) the world as we know it was flipped upside down and kicked on its side. This most definitely should have sent me into a  fast and furious downward spiral of deep and dark depression; but it didn’t. Why?  

I am still amazed but am no longer baffled by the changes that occurred within my own body during that time. Through FASTer Way’s program I was eating balanced nutrition and getting that nutrition from whole foods. I had a community to lean onto when the world was shutting us in. I was feeling accomplished and stronger as I did my workouts from the comfort of my own home. My two girls were getting a front row seat to my new healthy and happy lifestyle and voluntarily started joining me during my workouts. 

My hormones were balanced. I was smiling. I was waking up each day ready to try again. I was learning to cook healthy meals. My prescription budget was transferred to my grocery budget. The list goes on and on, but you get the idea. 

As I write this, I am humbled by all of the things that I now am because of this lifestyle: 

I am thankful. 

I am blessed. 

I am full (figuratively and physically. We eat SO MUCH food!) 

I am making progress. 

I am still not perfect. 

I am prescription free. 

I am working through my hard days. 

I am showing myself grace. 

I am getting stronger. 

I am showing up for myself, my husband and my daughters. 

I am a newly Certified Coach with the FASTer Way to Fat Loss where I get to share my new knowledge and personal experience with others. 

This is a lifestyle. 

You have one life to live. 

You get to choose how you live yours.”

This is about more than just weight loss or a number on the scale. This is about your future. This is about feeling your absolute best and being your best self.

If you’re ready to make a change and experience the power of the FASTer Way for yourself, we invite you to join us for our next round. We want you to succeed and are here for you every step of the way. Let’s do this!

Join us for a round of FASTer Way!

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment